What is Audio Merging
Audio merging is a concept that is used to join different audio files into one. As a byproduct you may also get all those different audio files in the same format which works well for devices that can only play MP3 and no other audio formats.
Audio merging is something that remains totally unheard of to us right up to the point where we need it and then it becomes a bit of a problem if you don’t possess the skills necessary to do the job. This is where the audio mergers come in. They provide you with an easy-to-work-with interface and provide you a couple of options and merging services to make life easier for you. There are two main categories of audio mergers present on the market:
1. Online audio mergers
2. Audio merger software
Difference between Online Merger and Merger Software
While using online merger tools you use a website that provides you with an online platform to merge your audio files whereas software is a dedicated tool to perform your merging tasks. MP3 merger software is installed on your windows and it is somewhat more native to you. A website on the other hand provides good value for one-time users but it usually lacks in features and you have to put up with uploading the source files first. Both methods have their place in the world, here are some pros and cons to both of them.
Pros of Using MP3 Merger Software
- MP3 merger software gives you more control over the whole process.
- MP3 merger software provides you with better results.
- There are more options and tools present at your disposal.
- There is no quality reduction with using MP3 merger.
- Its free of cost if you are using free MP3 merger.
- There is no internet required for Mp3 merger software.
- It takes less time because you don’t have to upload the source files.
- There is no limit to the number of files and size.
Pros of Using an Online Merger
- It’s easy and quick.
- It reduces the quality which reduces the file size also.
- If you are a one-time user it’s probably the better option for you.
- You don’t have to install anything just upload the files you want to covert and hit the convert button.
Cons of Using Other software
- It may require updates from time to time.
- Not all of them are free so you may have to pay.
- It will take up a little bit of disk space on your computer.
Cons of Online Merger Software
- There are generally fewer options present in an online merger.
- An online merger is not very secure.
- You lose quality while using an online merger to merge songs.
- Most of the time you have to use the given presets.
- It takes more time if you have a slow internet connection.
- There is sometimes a limit to the number of files you can upload.
- Sometimes there is malware and other junk on an online merger website.
To conclude, using software to merge songs is apparently the best way to go. It offers a lot of pros and not as many cons as an online merger which makes it the preferable choice.
There are a lot of software tools present for merging and converting but the perfect software for the job, which offers a lot of value in a single package would be Free Merge MP3.
It’s a really good software and it offers all the bells and whistles while being completely free. This makes it an ideal choice for someone who is not a geek but has to perform a merging task without any prior experience.
Dealing with Free Merge MP3 Like a Pro
Free Merge MP3 is fairly easy to use. It’s pretty much self-explanatory you learn as you go along because of its well laid out and well thought of interface. Free merge MP3 also lets you convert the audio files into different formats, which is very useful for those who have to merge songs.
Considering all that you must be thinking that you will have to pay a premium for such software, but no, it’s completely free you just need to download and install it via a malware-free setup. And even though it’s pretty easy to use as shown in the image below, I still am going to provide you with the whole procedure in the form of numbered steps.
1. Accumulating the audio files in the Free Merge MP3
As shown in the picture, use the “Add Files” button to add the audio files you want to merge. The added files will appear in the MP3 merger window. You can also copy the files and paste them into the window of Free Merge MP3 or use the drag and drop feature which is comparatively more convenient.
2. Modifying the list of audios
Before going further to next steps, either add the files in the order which is required in the output file or move the files up and down to make sure that they are sorted in the way you want them to appear in the merged file.
3. Audio format of Merged File
MP3, WAV, WMV, etc. For most uses you will select MP3 because a majority of devices don’t run other formats.
4. Customized output
You can select your own custom settings where you can customize the output quality and play around with bitrate to make sure that your audio file is merged the way you want it to be.
Once everything is aligned, just click on the “Merge” button to start the merging process. The finished file will be delivered to the output folder. If you have not already created an output folder you will get a prompt to create one after clicking merge. You can go to that folder after merging is complete and enjoy your music without any further delay.